Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Choosing our attitude (#1453)

There are not that many major paradigms about life that we have direct control over but for certain our attitudes is one. Remember this, our perspective is only one of many yet we often project out our version of it as the only one. Not that sometimes we aren't far more right than wrong, yet that there are other ways at looking things should be our first presumption. So I have found that if I can find the control of my initial emotions to very sensible responses, I have more time for objective judgement. I am not saying to hide how I feel or how others feel, I am just saying that it isn't just about me. This leads me directly to how I convey my attitudes about life's situations and consequences. I can control how I react with my emotions to the point of finding the positive in most any scenario. I do not have to be the cynic who can find fault while offering punishing verdicts to those around me. I am not the conscious of humanity, rather I am just another part of it. It seems that many find comfort in pointing out others' failings while offering little hope. I suppose it is because most of us are products of our environments, as we were raised in a certain guiding fashion often accompanied with attitudes of disappointment. However, what was expressed to us in our formative years does not have to be the chain that cannot be broken. We can change how we react. Do we know this and do we even care if we do? Generally, yes we know and no we don't seem to care to change. It would be to our, and our world's benefit if we did change to make our attitudes about life much more grateful about actually existing, while not taking that part of it for granted or as some privilege especially bestowed upon us.

No comments: