Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Lucky or unlucky number 13 (#1432)

The year is now 2013 in the Gregorian calender. For me the number 13 has had the suspicious moniker of being unlucky, but my own personal force of will actually celebrates this number as the reverse, as being lucky. Now I am not a superstitious person, which is why I am so contrary to accepted folklore, however like all things in this existence an ounce of doubt comes with everything. lol. So I begin this new year with an eye on outcomes for what this year holds. By the end of it I should have a pretty good understanding of just how lucky or unlucky we actually were based on things that I become aware of. There are always those things that happen beyond the public's purview but like in all years those are somewhat a constant in general anyway. So discounting those in favor of evaluating only those things that we do know of will be my criteria for deciding. We all have things happen to us and our understanding of reality so whatever I think may be good or bad is relative to my perspective and mostly irrelevant to most others. Yet I will keep my perspective focused on local, national and international events with as an objective eye as possible. We are primed here in America for many things to happen with our national elections just finished at the end of the previous year so politics aside, policies should be the main foundation for how we interpret whether our shared year will be lucky or unlucky. Hopefully all of this superstition about numbers will have no direct or indirect effect on our lives but just in case I will watch with a keen eye. We make our own luck and time and space will have it's way regardless of what we do but we are human and imaginative enough to make ourselves more important than not, so here's to our superstitions and our good fortune. :)

No comments: