Monday, January 14, 2013

Mortality as it is (#1445)

I am getting older and so are all of us, some of us are just starting out and getting older is something to look forward to. Most of us are already past our youthful prime and we are not so enthusiastic about getting older. Some of us are, because the cycle of life is understood and to be in a position of getting older is not a guarantee. Many who are not with us surely would rather be getting older. Perspective about this is important. The one thing that hasn't changed in my life's progression is my consciousness. I am still the young version of myself in my head. I know far more than I did then but the same inquisitiveness prevails today. My emotions have not withered either. I still long for happiness and love just as much as I had when I was first aware of these feelings within me. The only real change in me is of course my physical appearance and as well the knowledge I have about the universe around me. I am still the youthful child of my memories and in that I think I will never relinquish. But as time and space continue to move around me I am ever more conscious of my mortality. The longer I live the closer I get to not living. It is just what it is. A logical fact based on a constant observance of our biological natures. I am almost cavalier about my impending ending, not so much dismissive but what I reason within myself is that I have a good soul that has reflected the best intent of it. There is some satisfaction in my mind and spirit that has found ease and comfort in the knowledge that my life has been less dishonorable and more honorable. I base my honor on virtuous principles, you know the kind that look out to others more than that look inward toward myself. Come what may as to my end time, regretting my life until then will not be part of it.

No comments: