Thursday, January 10, 2013

Principles over influence (#1441)

I suppose most of us who have had little in our lives could easily be swayed by the allure of something that makes us compromise our principles. It has happened to me when I did not understand how important my principles were, but nonetheless, I traded something of myself for the illusion of some fantasy, real or imagined. I do regret my past mistakes and I do feel the remorse of them, however, forgiving myself and allowing others to forgive me as well has allowed me to turn to a new chapter in my life where I can stand tall with my principles and not be drawn in by the sirens of the demeaning. I do not count myself in the crowd that places material shiny flashy things as some ultimate goal. I instead focus on what is good about we humans and try as hard as I can to emulate that positive karma. None of us knows the reason for our being here in this existence, some of us prevail upon others our beliefs but none of us is a God who is responsible for this reality. While I am on the subject of God, I do wish to apologize for not being a God otherwise I would fix all that is wrong in life and never allow anything that makes anyone unhappy. That being said, I will continue on about how our society has lifted the fancy in life to a manipulation, even to degradation of the human spirit and the will to survive. We use each other in ways that places shame on us, like no other species on this planet lowers themselves toward. There is hope for us but it all begins with our own personal decision to be responsible for our own principles and never letting the masquerade of others influence them. When we do, and realize what has happened, we must correct ourselves and never allow it to happen again as an intent.

No comments: