Saturday, February 2, 2013

Take nothing for granted (#1464)

I know I take a lot for granted and then something happens that reminds me that nothing is safe and secure. Everything is at risk in life, such is the nature of life in this existence. Maybe that is my problem, I don't realize all the time just how vulnerable and fragile life is in this reality. I take for granted that I will draw my next breath or that a logical next step will ensue. Nothing is given as a deserve or promise in absolute. Instead everything is only as it is by some form of grace from the chaos of life we exist within. With that extreme knowledge now firmly embedded in my head I hope to keep it there as a filter for all the things that I will do next. Even now I feel it's tempering effect on me. I am now less hurried in my thoughts and actions because I have given myself the chance to see our world through the eyes of perfectly rational innocence. There is no braggadocio to my senses. I am complete in that I have no expectation or assumption of what comes next. I often refer to the "whirligig" of life, as an admirer of William Shakespeare, to relate how our world operates. There is no control over all things for any of us here in this existence and the sooner we realize that the sooner we get closer to the truth of things. I don't need to believe in things that make no logical sense even though my understanding of logic could always be improved upon. But I do need to respect that I am not, nor ever will be, the master of anything short of knowing how little I do really know. Of that I am becoming even more a master of knowing how little I do know. Yet here we are in our existence, surviving as we have been taught by those before us. What does come to me out of this little self-dialogue is that I am happy to be learning new ways to think about how I exist in this imperfect world.  

No comments: