Saturday, February 9, 2013

The observation of my pets (#1471)

I am not some home scientist who conducts social experiments on his pets, but I do however observe them in their surroundings. They have pretty much free run of the house and backyard with the cat also having run of the front that has no boundaries to inhibit him. Although the dog is restricted by the house and the fencing in the backyard, the cat finds fencing just an annoyance to be overcome when he is in the mood. Both of them are learning to interact with each other in a more carefree way. I am on my third dog now with the cat have overlapped his time with all three. What I find most satisfying is that they tolerate each other and at times even express comfort with each other. The common denominator with them is me and I stay as consistent as possible with them. I enjoy having them both and they are a comfort to me most all the time but even more is that I get to observe them in situations where I am unsure as to their behaviors. What has been most instructive to me is that they teach me to be loyal and friendly in most every situation. How they react and act is something I admire since I seem to need some instruction as to how to be who I am. I am alone and have no other person living with me so sometimes I can get lost about how to react when I am with others. I am one of those types who has always felt a need to try to fit in, instead of just letting life happen with a measured coolness. What my animals have taught me is that just being me is my natural state, without having to react to my anxious impulse of trying whatever to make an impression, and that has been most helpful. 

No comments: