Friday, February 1, 2013

With a glad heart (#1463)

Everything that is happening to me outside my control is what it is and although I do try to subtly influence whatever happenings are taking place, I know that there really is little that I can do to shape them. So what I am always trying to do is accept my place in reality and instead make the best of it. Certainly some things that happen are hard and require me to go through some stages before I can get to acceptance but it is what I must do in order to have some gladness in my life. I don't want to miss out on what is good in life by stewing in the proverbial pot of anguish. So what I try to do is approach all that is happening with a glad heart and let the next step in whatever is happening dictate my next response. I cannot afford to be grumpy or discouraged as a default position. My default position should be a happiness from the last previous moment's conclusion. Even in great sorrow and anguish, there does next come a time for healing and then appreciation for the life and the things in life that are heartwarming. It is what makes our lives so bearable in that we can see beyond the present circumstance of any one given situation to the greater or bigger picture of who we are and how our lives could be. There are some out there who have lost hope because they think that previous decisions have now excluded them from humanity in a good way. They would be wrong! We all have or will make decisions that in retrospect will show us that we have caused harm to others and as well pummel our own psyche's into an unforgivable delusion. What we must always remember, as long as we draw breath, is that no amount of past shame or guilt can ever keep us from finding happiness, if we would only try, in the present and future by letting ourselves seek out everything through a glad heart. 

No comments: