Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Doing good feels good (#1495)

I am one who likes to feel good and in the natural way of things doing good brings about good feelings. Now in many there are unnatural ways of feeling about things. The people who do bad and feel good about it have somehow lost what it is to be natural. When I do bad things I not only feel bad but it hurts my soul in some way that makes me never want to do a bad thing again. Only when I forget how bad feels do I ever venture back into it without stopping myself, so I know it is important for me to always remember. Still though, the people who do bad things and still feel good about it are the ones who I am having a harder time "figuring out". Needless to say that some form of psychopathy is involved. In my heart of hearts I am convinced that we all start out innocent, with maybe a very small percentage as an exception, so the condition of feeling good about doing bad things is more likely an environmental and/or culturally learned inhumane behavior. I don't pretend to know all about why people feel good about doing bad things but I do know that it is not a natural experience for most all of us. We are a compassionate and curious lot and those two instincts are ingrained into our DNA in so many ways. It is only we who are able to change our natural behaviors by choice. Why we would do so is also not a forte of mine but obviously it involves a choice to do so. My life is on the downside of it's living and for certain I am focused on the quality of life experiences and anything else is just a waste of too little precious time we all need to cherish with feeling good by doing good.

No comments: