Saturday, March 9, 2013

Square pegs into round holes (#1499)

They just don't fit. So why are so many people trying to make things do or be into what they cannot or are not? I hope it is from lack of education, because if it isn't that would mean it is intentional and has a damaging illogical outcome. It truly is disturbing to watch so many people take positions of current policy without being able to explain why they take those very same positions. Further, when given information or if the information is readily available and they still cannot or will not follow the process of logic to the proper conclusion, then I can assume with more accuracy than normal that they are truly "stuck" on some ideological premise that they will not "unstick" themselves from. I remember in my youth I tried to "act" all smart and whatnot because I didn't do the work necessary to actually be all smart and whatnot. I was quickly shown the ridiculousness of my lazy approach to confusing myself with being an intellectual person and from then on I have actually put in the time to learn as if I needed to in order to survive. My brain and it's thinking is my greatest form of communication and if I am going to communicate with others I had best put out my best thoughts and defend them when my thoughts are right. And when my thoughts are wrong it is just as important to acknowledge that and inform myself of where I got my analysis wrong. I take some pride in being able to be wise enough to know that I am not always right, nor am I always wrong but I do try to explain myself through my learning process. I guess it does come back to those who rely on others to think out their own assumptions because either their lives are too busy for such high falootin non essential understandings or they are biased in ways that will not allow them to question preconceived notions they utilize as facts. Either way, we all suffer at the hands of fools when we don't think for ourselves with truths through logical analysis.

No comments: