Friday, March 8, 2013

A happy outlook (#1498)

There are enough things in life to keep me from being happy and adding myself to that pile is ridiculous. So for a good part of my life I did just that, be ridiculous. At the time what I thought was exercising my own individuality, has come to be known by me as just a stubborn trait I refused to acknowledge. No harm no foul, since I am still here in the present and my health is not demonstrably ruined. So now I realize that keeping myself in a happy state is my choice, not dependent upon factors outside my control for the most part. I do care about the serious issues of our time but in my own personal life I refuse to accept the many disappointments and frustrations that surround all of us as determiners of my outlook. I can see what is right in the world and be happy as well as fight against what is wrong in the world and be happy as well. The point I am getting at here is that how I feel about my life is about me choosing an outlook. The kind of thing represented by the glass half full/empty saying. I choose the glass half full and wanting it to be more than half. I know the difference between reality and hope so I don't get disappointed too much as my perspective on things of this world is that everything is in motion and therefore subject to change. Einstein was right, everything is about energy and if my energy is added to all the other good energy out there then eventually our combined energies will emerge a new direction for us to choose to follow and explore. That is the thing about choices, you can decide if a choice is right or wrong and then decide what to do next. If the choice is right then follow along, if the choice is wrong then you get to choose what to do next. We are all matter filled with energy and the direction of our efforts is important.

No comments: