Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Back in the saddle (#1523)

Although I am weak and light-headed, you shouldn't notice any significant change in my writing ability. lol. It is good to be sitting here in my normal spot, albeit a little later than usual, putting together my daily blog post. As to the subject I am just free-wheeling it this morning. I actually got some sleep last night, not much but more than the last two nights so I do feel more comfortable this morning. That is the one thing that I can talk to concerning this little bout of illness I just experienced, nausea. I haven't felt this captive to a weakening and lethargic state as I am in for a longer period of time that I can remember. It is like I am have withdrawn, like a turtle into it's shell. My very movements are now calculated with an analysis of whether I can actually pull off getting up out of a chair or out of the bed just to do anything at all. No strength for any of the myriad little things I would do in a day's time. I have to muster the will to just eat or drink. The bare necessities have all my attention whereas before this bout of physical duress, I hadn't given necessary actions one moment of thought. For me, this serves as a reminder of just how fragile and defenseless I am to forces beyond my control and how imperative it is for us to have wellness care. Something that just comes out of nowhere to afflict us the danger we all face when we are not focused on keeping ourselves healthy. Good food, exercise and healthcare should all be among our highest priorities. Once I get back to full strength I will get back on the subject of healthcare but for now suffice it to say, I am thankful for the limited healthcare that was available for me to have since it did serve me well in this particular instance. 

No comments: