Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Don't miss the good waiting for the perfect (#1537)

A common tale of missed opportunity. What is hard to know is the perspective to realize a significance of value when perspective is not gained until some maturity. Usually by then the opportunity for some significant happening has passed. While we dote on an ideal, a good situation or relationship has been ignored until it is no longer available. This is always a tough call but in hindsight for those of us who only have the lament and regret to show for our decisions, the idea of a tough call has no soothing powers. What is certain is that all things for each of us come to an end, or a new beginning, however one looks at it. Either way all things change so it would seem that having at least a good situation or relationship is better than not having those in lieu of waiting for something better. I am not suggesting settling for less as a strategy, but what I am suggesting is not using waiting for the perfect as the only means for having happiness. What we see today as not perfect may well find it's way to mostly perfect and that is much more than most can say. No one wants to miss out on something great because they gave in to something a little lesser too soon, however there is a clock running on our lives and choices need to be made within some time frame. For me it is mostly too late for many perfect things to come around and sadly that was my choice to wait. I would have been a happier man if some issues of great importance to me when I was younger had been resolved differently. I know that now but back then the world was still out in front of me and nothing seemed impossible. That was the trap set for me that I allowed myself to be caught in. It was my choice however, it wasn't the only one I had and for that I am kicking at the dirt.

No comments: