Friday, April 19, 2013

Find a way (#1540)

Whatever it is in this world that you know you should be doing to help create a better future for all of us you should be striving to figure out how. How is tough since life is so complicated but the key is to keep taking forward steps even when you can't see where you are going. Eventually some light will appear and you will see that the distance you have already traveled has gotten you closer to your goal. When not knowing how to be effective is left to only thought, no progress in the meantime is achieved. I can't and don't know the best course for me to take but I do take what little course I know is right and that is how I, and we, can keep moving in the right direction until we can make a breakthrough in how to move forward in bigger and better ways. In other words never quit doing what is right because you and I don't know an overall strategy. I question my motives a lot when I am stuck not knowing what to do and it is in the questioning of my motives that I find my way, regardless of whether I know exactly where I am going. In life, like in principled thought, it is our journey toward our ideals that matter, not necessarily the leaps and bounds it takes to get there. I know this from learning that life is a journey and the path we are on is the one that describes us better than any words or thoughts we may try to project. I am in this for the long haul and even though for most of my time here in this existence it has been a slog of sorts, it is still forward movement into the honored principles and cherished ideals I most hold dear.

No comments: