Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Group joiners (#1545)

We all join groups in the course of our lives, especially when we are young. In school we are almost always formed into groups for one reason or another and through that experience we learn that shared interests can have a persuasive impact. Now back in my formative years the groups I joined or were placed into seemed logical in that I was trying to attain a goal or a desire and joining a group helped to make that happen. However, as I have gotten older and more mature, I find that joining groups for the most part, not always, has become rather binding and less reflective of my curious nature to understand. Today's generalized groups, whether religious, economical, political, yes even scientific, have less than a pure attraction to me. I am many things and none of these groups fully identify most of who I am. So my strategy in life is not to join any group and be used by that group to wield influence over others, instead I stay out of groups and either admonish or lambast a group for it's illogical, thus mostly nefarious ulterior motives, or I congratulate a group for it's honorable principled ideals. I am me and no group identity will ever replace me being me so that is how I view groups. I do identify with goals in life and if a group is on the right side of history, both logically and humanely, then I will celebrate their progress or achievement. But there is no group to which I want to be associated with through a pledge of unknowing utility. I am my own voice of reason with logic and common sense as my evidence. It works for me and I suggest we all take the approach that the only true group we have in existence is the group we call our own, our person.

No comments: