Monday, April 15, 2013

I know who I am (#1536)

That metaphorical search for who I am is just that, nothing more than an illusion. I already know who I am and for that I am thankful. I am still the same little kid who wanted to be a superhero and right all the wrong in the world. Of course I cannot realistically be a superhero to all people wherever wrong is being perpetrated, but I am still with that very same intent. You see it is the intent of of who I am that defines for me who I am. I want the best for all of us, regardless of how contradictory that can be. As sometimes many of us want the best for ourselves that interrupts what is best for someone else. I understand that, but still I want that over any other lesser reality. I used to worry what other people would think about me and how I see the world but I don't do that anymore. It was a failing on my part to be assertive and confident that my intentions were the most honorable I could muster, even if it meant that I was thwarted from my own desires. Sacrifice is noble when the sacrifice is for a better ideal to come about. I was born into this existence with no illusion about anything I was to receive or deserve. I am however gifted with a mind, a heart and a soul that is focused upon living a great life despite having little to show for it in the conventional sense of today's marketplace. I have many rich moments in my life for which I am steely eyed proud to remember. The worst of my indiscretions are but miniscule in the big picture and that says much about how I have let my guiding principles counteract harmful impulses of the moment. That is part of who I am, wanting to be a better person and acting as my own demanding sovereign in order to allow for it.

No comments: