Thursday, April 11, 2013

Our past is gone (#1532)

I am not what I used to be, like my past that is gone as well. I say this because sometimes I have dreams that reflect how I used to act in the past in today's scenarios. I am sure some psychoanalyst could have a field day with the dream I had last night but for me it was as disjointed a dream I have had in some years. But it reminded me thoroughly of how we change each time a new experience runs it's course with us. We are an ever-changing species and individually, when we try to halt change we are only becoming something different than that we should have naturally progressed toward. Again, it is always fear that holds us back, fear of some duty, custom or myth that has other values wrapped up in it making it seem like an indispensable iron-clad unchangeable principle. Wrong. Values are themselves unchangeable not the superstition attached to it. We don't need a package deal to be able to accept reality for what it is. I don't need some mixture or concoction of magic to be able to rationalize what value is and what value means as a entity of just itself. There is no moral justification for wrong, even when it is shrouded in the appearance of good. Like my callous and disjointed dream last night, I don't have to accept it's premise, that I am still what it represents, I am not! I am further along the evolutionary trail toward enlightenment, just as we all travel despite some of our obstinance to it's factual being. None of us start out with the wisdom needed to having "arrived", we earn that wisdom by changing from the little known we have as fact to the little more known we have as fact. 

No comments: