Saturday, April 27, 2013

The Indefatigable advocate (#1548)

Virtuous principles and progressive ideals. I am so honored to be afflicted with a sense of duty to these noble concepts. That I recognize my internal motivations is remarkable since not too many years back I was floundering in a world of uncertainty and despair. It is quite a feat for me to have found clarity and motivational purpose to this objective degree. I no longer doubt the sincerity of my intentions nor do I question my desire to see the better and best come about. It is as if wisdom and patience have suddenly become clear to me. I still make common mistakes and no one knows that more than me but the focus of who I was just less than ten years ago to now is almost a complete reversal. There are so many metaphors I could draw upon to help me illustrate what I am trying to define but the best way is to forget the metaphors and speak about the real change within me. For one, I have quit the downward spiral of intoxicants and other methods of escaping reality. This had been the most important change I had made and for that I am fortunate since many cannot get past this fundamental shift in behavior. Instead I have chosen to look upon life for the positives it presents and in that I am attracted to reality. Reality is my new aphrodisiac, not some simulated inhibited alternative. I am the real me now, the one who as a child saw the wonder of life as remarkable and who couldn't wait to participate in it. Like I often say, I got off the path I originally started on but is one of the luckiest persons alive, in my mind, because I found my way back and that is the treasure of my life.

No comments: