Tuesday, April 23, 2013

We need to remember our youthful years (#1544)

I constantly remind myself of what things were like when I was young and saw all our problems as self-made ones. Occam's Razor, paraphrased, "the simplest answer is usually the correct one", has served me well. But the fact that I cannot look at the world as too complex to even tackle simple problems anymore is my point here. Just doing what is right is always the key to making positive change. When we try to assume we know more than we do is when we get ourselves into nonsense. There are many good words and there are many bad words, it is up to each of us to decide how we want our lives to be described. Personally, for me, I have great faith in each of us to be the objects of our natures when we are allowed to be ourselves. It isn't hard to understand that a society that respects life with real policies and opportunities is the way to structure civilization if we are to continue to evolve into a species that has a real chance of surviving in this massive unknown Universe. I don't look out into the future and just see us existing to just exist, if that were the case we would always be one short step from extinction. What I do see is a progressive unified culture of human beings devoted to boldly mastering everything around us without fear. We are fighters, evidenced by our irrevocable will to survive. It is in our natures to survive, I even give it one of the 3 natures we are born with, the others being curiosity and care. We are never more keen to knowing our potential than when we are young and full of life's vigor. With guidance we can deliver on the promise of our youth, even when we grow older, it behooves us to remember the clarity of the vision of our youth.

No comments: