Saturday, April 6, 2013

We're talking coffee today (#1527)

It has been a week since I had my last cup of coffee. Last early Saturday morning I made a small pot of coffee and while it had it's usual satisfying flavor to it, it also made me aware that something wasn't right in my stomach area. Little did I know that the next two days would be so uncomfortable for me. Anyway, to cut to the chase I spent two days suffering with Diverticulitis, an intestinal distress, without knowing what was wrong. I quit drinking my coffee that early Saturday morning and until early Monday afternoon, I didn't know if I would ever have another cup of coffee. Early Monday morning I finally concluded that whatever was afflicting me was not going to go away with home remedies or of it's own accord so I went to a hospital to get checked out. After a battery of tests, they discovered my problem and gave me a solution and sent me home. Since then, I have been on the mend in a good way and until this morning the thought of a cup of coffee didn't sit right with my gut feelings. Well, happily my gut was eager for some coffee this morning and although I am still on the tail end of my antibiotic treatment, I decided to get back into my regular routine of making a small pot and even did my dishes which had been piling up for days as I convalesced, while I waited for the magical coffee elixir to brew. I can tell you now that the first taste of coffee this morning was invigorating. I am back to myself again after a very strange week which had me questioning whether I would ever have another cup of coffee again to now just finishing my second cup. :)

No comments: