Friday, May 3, 2013

Our amazing world (#1554)

I am feeling kind of chipper this morning and therefore I am letting my sunshine out for a stroll. lol. I keep thinking about our world and the diversities and sameness we share. I wish that I had traveled more when I was younger in life so that I could have seen for my own eyes all the wonders our planet and our cultures have created. I am fortunate to having been born into this era when information and pictures are so widely dispersed that even though I cannot afford to travel to them, they are able to present themselves to me in adequate ways. However, I would much prefer to be in the actual presence of the unique and amazing sights and sounds of our world. Which brings me to the subject of this post, despite the obvious problems and struggles we have as a species, we are truly exceptional at molding our environment to allow for the beauty of life to expose itself. I suggest that it isn't some grand plan we have all been working on since our civilizations began to form, no, it is serendipitous to our natures. We are moving along a species path toward the unknown while leaving a past that has many positive attributes. Of course our race of humans have a mixed bag of successes and failures but the total is not equivocal. Our successes far outweigh our failures in that we continue to learn and know more about what we don't know while we continue to struggle to improve our understandings of humanity and the connectedness we experience with nature. Like our American constitution is emblematic of, 'forming a more perfect union" as our guiding principle. We have our obstacles and wrong steps have been made, but overall, we are the dynamic human species, who mostly put the good above the bad, that we could and should be.

No comments: