Thursday, May 9, 2013

Our indomitable spirits (#1560)

Examples of our persevering inner fortitude are evident in our daily lives, but few more so than like the recent discovery of 3 young women who were held against their will for about 10 years. Right in our normal neighborhoods that we all have come to expect to be free of from such nefarious behavior. Something deep in my soul was so touched by these young women and how they endured a lifestyle that was designed to crush their hope and steal from them their freedom to be natural human beings. Yet endure they did for 10 trips around the sun for our Earth right under the noses of all who would have helped them if only they had known. This story in Ohio is emblematic of the lengths some in our society are willing to go to get what they want at all costs while also being emblematic of how despite the horrible intent of the captor, these women prevailed in the face of such a notorious reality. My soul was so stirred by this outcome and the gift of it's ending has provided me and I can reasonably assume many others as well. The gift of hope coming to fruition despite the forlorn lure of despair. The width and depth of how these young women feel now that they are free from their tormentor is not to measured by anyone such as me who has no real perspective into their experience, however I can relate to the dearness they must now feel to be free again and have a future of their own making if they so choose. I have spent my whole life working to get to a place where I don't have to ask for a by your leave from anyone and now these 3 young women have that same opportunity going forward. 

No comments: