Sunday, May 5, 2013

The disconnect between what we think is so and what is so (#1556)

I had been plagued by my own sense of control over what others said and did. Not anymore since I realized that the vision of the complexity of life I carry around in my head is just a whirligig of facts, assumptions and hopes, nothing purely true. The world and how we all mix within it is mind-boggling to me now as I have the duty to remember that each of we individuals are many facets of many things. None of us is available to be pigeonholed in some nice easy way. Certainly a lot of us can be superficially grouped into generalized categories, but even then the reasons vary as to those generalized groupings. I have a strategy of not allowing assumptions any particular standing in my analysis'. I try my mightiest to stick to facts that are demonstrable. When facts are not available I am still able to objectively distinguish that no categorization can be made. So, not only do I look for those things that are similar, I look for those things that are dissimilar as well. Some grand panoramic view isn't my goal, but instead a series of smaller interconnected ones are. I also keep the intelligent premise of "life is constantly changing" at the forefront of any calculations I attempt to make when I am of a mind to make calculations. What is the very best remedy for me is to default to my assertion that we care and we are curious. Most all of my conclusions about the things and people in life grow from that firm foundation. As to the varying examples of principled and unprincipled living, I can only know that life is a series of stages we confront and as the trial and error of living follows us throughout our lifetimes, certain points that are snapshots of us truly do not capture the whole of us.

No comments: