Tuesday, May 7, 2013

The high road (#1558)

I do much better in life when I keep my head and shoulders above the din of complacency and depression. The glass half full analogy is appropriate. I, like all of we humans, need to motivate my mind into action every day I re-awake from my sleep. We humans have so many different emotions that are constantly being triggered by those people and things swirling around us that it is easy to get out of sorts and off the happy track we hope to spend our whole lives enjoying. Our inadequate society allows us opportunities to recognize the despair that co-exists with us but it also allows us to find new and enlightened solutions to those very same dilemmas. Again, the glass half full rationale. Even accepting the default position that to fix a problem is satisfying, the fact that there was a problem that needed to be fixed keeps the elation to a minimum. yet, the high road is still the road for me because hopefully sometime into the long future I hope and plan for our species, we may reach a foundational society that has worked out all the inadequacies we presently endure. Happiness is not so hard to find either when my outlook remains positive. Small in comparison to my wishes but nonetheless, well worth the achievement. Life could be such a beautiful and breathtaking experience if things were not so guided by short-sighted policies and the people who strive to control them. Yet the hope is that we, as a species, continue to learn and mature in facts and possibilities to a point where logical conclusions and the best of our common sense will be how we govern our civilization. I cannot help but be optimistic as I have been privileged to be surrounded by some of the best examples of humanity as a reminder of just how fabulous our species can be. 

1 comment:

The New Politics said...

This is an excellent commentary on how to survive during a turbulent time in the history of our country and of our world. By remaining optimistic, we can be part of those who solve problems that have been with us for far too long. When we speak out against policies that abuse people, we help create a shift in consciousness that will inspire previously apathetic and despondent people to want to make a difference and take action to improve society.