Saturday, June 8, 2013

Grace revealed (#1590)

Yesterday I wrote about being an example to those around us to show them how life should be lived. I got a humbling experience of my own advice yesterday when I got to witness my sister Dena accept her fate with the precious mindset of a smile and a tone of happiness. Life is a beautiful experience to each of us but some of us carry that beauty within to a higher degree. If surrounding ourselves with the few souls on this planet that bring out a positiveness filled with joy and hope then I have surely been a fortunate one. The certain fate of my sister is not known yet but how she handled whatever the outcome is what inspires me. No doubt about her time here on this planet and the sheer pleasure of being here is what she conveys. I can see the beauty she must have captured my brother Jim's love with. Jim is gone almost a decade now and Dena has been soldiering on with the immense privilege of raising my two nephews and helping to guide their passions and hopes with a real sense of calm and intelligence. Now that she faces the greatest struggle of her life with such a mindset of thank you for all that I have had, gifts me with knowing that I am one who can do something reflective of her that will exemplify her own outlook. I will be an island of happiness, not sorrow, of encouragement, not frustration. Dena has given me a glimpse of what I know we all have within us but rarely show, grace that truly rises to the definition of the expression. 

No comments: