Wednesday, June 19, 2013

It is this life I am living not some hope for an afterlife (#1601)

I will not subject myself to question what comes after this life since this is the only life I have. It is real and it is now. I don't know how I got here and I don't know if I am going anywhere afterwards but the point is that I am here and this is what counts. What can I do in this life? Pretty much whatever I want within reason and having the strong will to fight for what I want is how I start. Although the promise of opportunity is there that does not necessarily translate into reality. Surely the way our society is set up does favor those with advantages and privileges most of us don't have but nonetheless fighting for our vision for our life is the key and that journey to live our life is the true purpose for what we idealize. I may not succeed in my vision and that is a common theme however I will endeavor to fight for it and that is more important than actually attaining it. It is who I am, a man who wants what he wants and is courageous enough to fight for it. I can control some aspects by tenaciously working toward my goal here in this existence but in no other existence do I have any control. Many think of the afterlife in the terms of Heaven or some blissful place. That does show how we do appreciate the best of what is good but it does not prove we are going there. So instead of idolizing a hope, it is better to live that hope in the best way now so that at least some of that hoped for afterlife will be experienced right here and now.

No comments: