Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Knowledge is freedom (#1607)

I hear so many talk about remaining free from so many things but few can actually explain what their freedom is from. They know the word and they know they don't want to be subjected to no choices, but other than that they are very confused about what it is they are free from. I will say right now that ignorance is the thing I wish to be free from. I had been abused by the lack of knowledge for a stretch of my life and the consequence of it had taken my voice away from what is true and correct. I did what others told me was right as they used broken logic to support their arguments and for all I knew they were right on the mark. However, as I started to access education at a level I had not previously been able, I learned that logical arguments must have true premises and in learning that I found that I had been hoodwinked by others who had their own agenda or were being hoodwinked themselves. Now that I am an honest student of knowledge it is rare that I am drawn in to something that is an illusion. Instead I am now a bulwark against false information and spread the best of objective knowledge I can. Obviously I am of one political slant, progressive liberal, and thus there will always be a tone of bias in my presentations, yet the facts don't change and if the facts are presented it doesn't matter what political slant a person is, they at least have the opportunity to choose what they think is right and good, based upon the knowledge of the facts and not some distorted manipulated option. It is refreshing to be the master of my mind and the freedom that entails and although my mind is imperfect, I am always still a student, ready to add another bit of knowledge.

No comments: