Saturday, June 15, 2013

Our inner kindness (#1597)

Within us is the key to our happiness. When we reach out beyond ourselves and influence a positive effect into others' lives we get a glimpse of the harmony kindness brings to us. It is absolutely an exchange, something that does good in the world from ourselves in order to get back a sense of wholeness in our souls. There is no paradox here, we give to get and the trade-off is real satisfaction. Too many times this has been proven in my life. I have been offered kindness in ways that astonish me and make feel the real peace of humility. All because I took the time in my past and current present to offer from myself something I was not required or obligated to do. I just put into practice the human trait of care for other humans as a duty. It is my hope that more of us will understand this simple principle and quit hanging onto every advantage we have captured for ourselves. What I would really like to see is the most fortunate in our society practice giving back to society in ways that actually lift human spirits instead of crushing them. I don't quite understand the disconnect because I have never been fortunate in economic ways to know, yet what little success I have had has never deterred me from sharing that success with others. I enjoy spreading my good fortune around because it feels good and my soul requires from me as much "feel good" as I can muster.

No comments: