Saturday, June 29, 2013

What is your gift to life? (#1611)

I know for me the best I can offer is my appreciation for having lived in existence with the care and nurture I have been given and for that I am most happy. My appreciation is expressed by my smile. I am often my most at peace when happiness in my life is most prevalent. Because of the nurture I have been given I can find happiness in most any situation, even those that are unnatural to happiness. In other words, I am a positive soul who despite the best efforts of negative souls, endures to be the fortunate man that I am. I can make a mark here in existence before I leave this dimension. Not some great monument to some great accomplishment but in my everyday life just being a good influence wherever I go. The simple point of life for me is to live with a purpose that strengthens and unites our experiences in ways that bring about less harm and more joy. Virtue does have a place in our thinking and doing. We live in the way we choose because we can and not because we have to. We are not just cogs in a wheel churning out a predictable outcome, no we are individual beings who choose to share our existence together out of necessity and out of wonder. We don't know so much and all of us learning more and more and sharing that learning is what community and co-existence is all about. I accept that life is complicated in many ways but I don't accept that we must harm each other in order to live it. My smile reminds that I am but just one and all I can ask from life is to have a chance to be me.

No comments: