Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Faith in humanity (#1614)

It has been interesting and a bit troubling that some people I have conversed with lately are cognizant of what is unsatisfactory in our society and without thinking about it automatically assume we all are symptoms of that realization. What they don't get is that by highlighting what is wrong with a cynicism of "everyone does it" they actually continue that which they are most troubled about. Instead of only realizing and voicing that there are problems in our behaviors that dismay us, they should also be examples of how not to do what bothers them by encouraging those that do. I lead by example whenever and however I can and I also look to encourage with a positiveness. I am no Pollyanna but I will not add to the woe of a problem by kicking the dirt and shouting at the moon. Instead I continue to show how I deal with whatever comes my way despite the noise of how naive I may be. It is amusing that the knee jerk reaction to my upbeat approach is that I am clueless to the fullness of the problem, which is what amuses me most since I am not one to sit back and complain as a solution but one who sees the despair and hopelessness in others and refuses to accept it. Nothing is set in stone as to what we have to accept in life as our destiny. We can change our destinies in an instance if that is what we choose. As long as there exists a choice I will always be hopeful that our behaviors about what bothers us is only a bump in the road and not utter calamity.

No comments: