Thursday, July 11, 2013

People of principle (#1623)

None of us is perfect. At times we all fail in our hopes of doing what we think is best. I have my regrets even though I know I could do worse. I trust my principles and when I cannot hold them as dear as I know I want to I am just reminded of how difficult it is to maintain a perfect existence. However hard it is to be consistently aligned in my hope to be the better and best human I can possibly be, there is no excuse for me when I fail. I just admit that I have failed and try to do better. That is the formula for me and I find it does work over time to keep me from having the same failings occur over and over again. Since I am not seeking vain glory or an illusion of my ego's best attempts, life's mistakes in my life are easier for me to admit and to move forward from. That is the one thing in life I can control, my choices. I can choose to not do something or to do something. Every bit of my life is surrounded by choices I decide to make or not make. I have a purpose for myself and thinking of ways to shortcut or shirk that purpose is not to be allowed. I am human and at times I forget what matters to me most so that I can partake in some momentary pleasure or self satisfying opportunity. It is at those times that I find myself judging myself against what I know is right for me in my life against what I am thinking to do or what I want to do. For the most part I do win out with my principles but not always and that is why I am writing about this. I am flawed and I know it but that does not mean I cannot continue to improve nor that I am not a value to existence and to a better future.

No comments: