Friday, July 5, 2013

The sky is no limit (#1617)

That phrase of "the skies the limit" has no relevance when it comes to being curious about what exists out beyond the sky. It seems that the whole of my life has been about wondering what is going on in the universe I see at night. My eyes only allow me a little insight into the vastness of the universe but enough to tempt my wanting to know more. Our species has been able to climb up off our planet and at least step on another orb, our moon, but that is not enough. I need to go further than just a small step out. Of course our technology and innovation must be safe and enduring but we are getting close while not spending a lot of resources to get there. For me the exploration of our universe cannot happen fast enough. First, because if we are to increase our odds of species survival, we will need to be able to find a way to survive on another orb in case our planet comes undone due to forces of nature and chance. Spreading ourselves out to other planets and space stations is smart and calculates that we are destined to manifest ourselves into a larger area than just our planet. I assume we are the only species capable of space travel since there has been no concrete evidence of others, that we know of, to deny our supremacy and uninhibited exploration. As a society we need to find a way to get past our petty squabbles of economy and philosophy and instead focus on working together to move out into the space we have yet to know first hand.

No comments: