Friday, August 2, 2013

Imagine a better world (#1645)

I suppose that is my dilemma, I saw the world when I was growing up and the view from then is still about me. Nothing much has changed in the many decades since my first understandings. What is wrong is that we are not evolving in our society very much and that is what troubles me most. It seems that there is an infection of greed that has surpassed community. We can't even get some of our national politicians to improve our roads, highways and bridges. As if letting our country fall apart is a symptom of their remedy. I ask myself is this the 1960's or the 2010's? Where has much of any progress gone and at what cost to our civilization are we willing to let happen to placate those who think that not knowing is of more value than knowing? I will say this here again, we are living breathing data processors. We input information from our 5 senses and then use our brain to reason, analyze and conclude. For us to not know is against the very nature of the human being. I state here in this blog and as a foundation for all my writings here that we are of 3 natural instincts, curiosity, compassion and survival. If we were to not know, or to care about each other, how would we exist together? If we only had survival as a natural instinct, how would we ever advance beyond the most brutish characteristics? There is no logical argument for allowing an end to progress. We must, and by our very natures, will continue forward into an even brighter enlightenment regardless of those who have the power to obstruct our movement forward. Our whole purpose in our individual, and in our collective existences is to create a dimension that reflects the best of what our natures should reveal. 

No comments: