Thursday, August 8, 2013

Why I care (#1651)

Something within me calls out for fairness and justice. I can't describe where it comes from other than to say it comes from the core of who I am. I have been harmed by unfairness and injustice so I know what it is to be personally harmed. My outlook is that I can define myself within a system that gives all of us the same chances to do so but when that system is rigged for some and blocked for others then I have a problem with that. What I know about myself is that when I have a problem I am in search of a solution. It is the natural curious side of me that kicks into gear when I have felt the condescension of inequality. My curious nature has many other areas of interest that come instinctually when things are fair and just but even more so when I am in search of a solution that needs to be found to alleviate the thoughts and actions of unnecessary institutional harm. I care because it is who I am as a human being. My life is a testing ground that should reflect the same types of opportunities for others. Even though I have been denied some opportunities myself, no one should have to feel the debasement of unworthiness. I will continue to stand and fight for solutions to problems I can identify and my life won't be any less happy. My nature tells me that although things are imperfect they can be improved upon without destroying what we have already achieved toward alleviating the ill constructs of our civilization. Why I care is more about doing something right in life than it is about not doing something right in life.

No comments: