Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Aspirations to inspire (#1698)

What is it that we want to do in our limited time here in existence? Is it to get everything we want regardless of what it does to everyone else? Is it to do nothing and just ride along through time without ever having to take a risk? Or is it to take a stand where stands need to be taken and try to make our world better not only for right now but also for our future generations? I fall into the latter camp after stubbing my toes in the first two. I tried to be selfish and let the world bring all it's gifts to my door out of some small minded sense of privilege and deserve. Reality kicked me squarely between the eyes and I realized that I was no more special in wanting better for me than anyone else who wanted better for themselves. Then I tried to just sit back and live off the fruit of others who labored tirelessly to make the world better and even that got old since I do have a conscious and it told me that being a lazy bum who still felt like he deserved more than others was clinically egoistic and false. So now for the better part of my life I have been making my voice and my actions count for something more than just for me. I have been taking part in life to make it better as a purpose for my life instead of making it a purpose in life for life to make my life better. I am the one in control and I choose to be a better human being by expressing that better through thought and action. Being more selfless is the key and finding the humility within being selfless has been my process. It works for me in that my heart is happy and my mind is clear. I don't doubt who I am or what I want out life. I still am learning better ways to express my actions and thoughts but that is more like improving on what is already something to be proud of.

No comments: