Saturday, September 28, 2013

Curiosity leads to enlightenment (#1702)

There is no doubt in my mind that I have become knowledgeable about the Universe I live in based upon the foundation of my curiosity. I have an internal motor that is non-stop in it's motivation to know and understand those things I am capable of knowing. Our existence is a very complicated one and understanding everything is impossible given the short time our lives are physically capable of lasting. However, that does not factor in the equation of my curiosity. I am curious about life and since I am here in life I find that is a perfect fit for me. I don't know how our species came to be formed or where we are going, if anywhere, after we leave this existence but while I am here in this existence I can try to discover what is discoverable. I try to make the point as often as possible about how our physical entities are structured like sensory perception probes. We smell, hear, taste, see and touch in order to inform ourselves. As we sensory perceive, we then reason, analyze and conclude in order to make sense of our perceptions. This is all in line with being curious. It is our human nature to learn and understand, there is no other rational reason to conclude otherwise. So for me it is just an extension of the species I belong to and also an extension of my understanding of that. As to curiosity leading to enlightenment it is obvious that as we learn and understand more, we realize that we are bounded by limits. As a member of a species that has these sensory qualities and eventual concluding skills, I also understand that we are all the same in that respect and therefore I rationalize civilized behavior in order to continue my quest to be enlightened in order to continue to satisfy my need to know.

No comments: