Tuesday, September 10, 2013

The purpose of virtue (#1684)

Moral excellence if you will. Not always perfect but when striven toward it is quite redeeming. That has been my experience anyway. When I set out on a path through making a decision it had better be backed with the best of what virtue has taught me or otherwise I am not being who I want to be. I recognize that anything less than trying to reflect out what is best about our species is muddled and not worthy of the time it takes from my desired destiny. So from when I was young and knew not much about my purpose in life to now, I had a spotty record of trial and error that reflected my inability to grasp the importance of virtue as quickly as I should have. Those days are behind me and now that I know being anything less than trying to be of moral excellence, is not to be attempted on my part. I also know that I have chosen a path of life that within my soul has found peace. I am not assuaged by the temptations of Earthly pleasure as my guide, instead I am forthright in my knowledge that as a human being I have the duty to embrace all that is good and correct in thought and behavior which first does no harm and second offers some joy. I have found that being a positive influence in all my thoughts and acts is the purpose for my life. Whether large or small it doesn't matter for every thought and act is just another step into who I am regardless of the stride taken. When we all find a place in our souls where the idea of doing what is right has substance in our view of life is when we all begin to move forward with each other and our species is something quite especially enlightened to behold.

No comments: