Thursday, October 3, 2013

Haters don't need reason or logic, just a convenient opportunity (#1707)

When your first premise is the hate you have inside, you have little control over how it is displayed. Any little situation or remark by anyone is prone to set it off. A lot of people confuse their hate with some kind of moral justification for a teachable moment in a somewhat violent way. How convenient! The problem of course is that anything that starts from the base of hate is going to be illogical and wrong in every instance. Even if the outcome comes out correctly through sheer luck it is still wrong in it's formulation. Mostly though haters are quite incapable of recognizing facts of equality, justice and fairness as they apply to others but not to themselves as they interpret it. I have been wronged many times in my life and so far I have not resorted to hating as a principle for living. Especially because I have wronged many in my life and I am no one anymore special than anyone else. So when I feel like I am angry at some perceived injustice or harm I just calmly relax and then begin to analyze why. Once that analyzation is performed I am ready to logically approach the injustice and combat it with solutions and persuasive arguments. I don't go off half cocked to cause harm with angry emotional rectitude. So this conveniently points out that hating is a choice and not a natural default. I can choose to hate like a wild animal, or to respond with my capabilities as an advanced and enlightened human being. If haters truly would examine why they hate, they would find that hate most always boils down to them caring about something. Which is where they should start from, the caring part, not the hating the outcome of their caring. 

No comments: