Friday, October 11, 2013

Smoking out the hate (#1715)

We do seem to denounce those things that we find objectionable to our own understanding of things without looking at the larger perspective. I know for many years in my life I was an arrogant person about what I considered proper and I would let you know about it whenever I could. I am ashamed of who I was back then because although I was acting on my best intention, I was inaccurately informed about my positions. I had not let in enough information to make an objective decision. Sadly I castigated about too much abuse based upon some idea of my moral compass. I am not alone in this Universe, others exist as well and for me to take my understandings and place them upon others was cruel and egoistical. I have transformed from that early ugly version of myself and because of that transformation I have become more enlightened about what equality, justice and fairness really exist to represent. I have learned that my life and it's pursuit of happiness is my choice to realize as long as no harm entails from it. So it is with others who choose to pursue their happiness with no harm as well. We are all different in the small ways and allowing for diversity and not letting our own intolerance dominate how we interact with each other is the path we all should take. I am who I am and for that I am lucky to know. I gave myself the time and thought to understand myself without trying to place myth, mores and superstitions as obstacles in my path. I am a human being who respects the fact that we are all human beings and in general we all deserve the right to express that being within the framework of equality, justice and fairness.

No comments: