Wednesday, November 6, 2013

A duty to honor requires one to have a conscious (#1741)

What was I the moment I was born? I was at the mercy of everything in this existence. I was not born with the skill to survive on my own from my first breath. I was completely and utterly defenseless. If not for laws and the protection of my parents and immediate family I would have been subject to the whims of nature or at the mercy of some otherworldly imagination. Yet I wasn't. I was nurtured and cared for until maturity and have since been the diviner of my own legacy. I respect the society and the nature of people who gave me such protections from my initial complete dependency. As such I know in my heart and soul that I owe a duty to protect the ideals that established such processes. I owe my life to civilization based upon enlightenment and for that I have an eternal gratitude for being able to live after my birth while adding to the growth of knowledge. It is the same sense of duty I owe to improve our society anyway I can for those who follow me in this dimension. I have no sense of privilege owed to me just a duty owed to society. I do not forget that I am one of the lucky ones who has survived the many pitfalls others have so unfortunately not been able. In my mind there is only room for moving forward with my gift of life and nothing I do for myself will ever measure up to what I do for how we get to define our future generations ability to improve their futures lot as well. I am not one who would put himself into pain for the sake of some irrelevant circumstance, but I am one who would sacrifice of himself to see benefit reach others. It is how I perceive each life that comes to fruition and for that I am humbled. 

No comments: