Tuesday, November 5, 2013

My anger does have a boundary (#1740)

It usually shows up when I get truly frustrated and aggravated. I hear and see enough lies from liars that I start to simmer an attitude that gets short and curt. I often just take a breath and then find something to make me smile and I am fine but sometimes that is not enough. During the "not enough" times it takes me longer to recapture my sunny outlook as the intensity of the insanity around me is almost overwhelming. Yet I do despite the ridiculousness of the provoking circumstance. By nature I am a mellow fellow who has little time for the violent swings of emotion life can bring but because I do not exhibit wild variations I am also prone to building up emotions and then letting them top out over some insignificant matter. A tipping point if you will. I know this about myself and have found a remedy for it as I know that nothing is worth spilling out anger. So taking a deep breath and pausing long enough to remember that my intelligence is my best defense against any provocation of an emotional nature. I am no different than anyone else who has a passion for life and a real care and wonder about it. We all have a degree to which we hit the boiling point but what separates us is whether we have a default response to our out of control instinct. To vent is natural and normal but what shape that venting takes is a choice and I try so very hard the choice of allowing that heated moment to dissipate not through screaming and shouting to no one in particular but instead to quietly allow myself to absorb my own frustrations internally and then let them go as if by flight of a bird. 

No comments: