Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Understand who you are and then define that to others (#1748)

Find out who you are first. And if you are still in the process of finding out who you are then say you don't know yet but you are working on it. It is okay to know a few minor things about yourself that are right and true but be careful how you describe those minor things so that no one comes away with the impression that you are a just a limited mindful person. Always add the caveat that you are learning about yourself in a comprehensive way and that always takes a bit of time and experience. But know this, the quicker you can rationalize what you hold in your heart, mind and soul about your own dreams aspirations and wishes the better you will be at making some of your hopes come to fruition. I personally wasted a lot of time being selfish and uncaring when I was younger and that has come to be my greatest regret. At the time I thought I was just living my life but in essence I was living an illusion. I had to force myself to learn more than I knew so that my perspective could grow in panoramic ways. I began to see that the conventions and standard practices I took for foundations were merely cop outs for making my life simple and free from having a say about my own true liberty and the liberty of those who were just like me. It was much like the health care problem now with those who want to keep old worthless health insurance policies without knowing that they could and will do much better under the new health care law. I had to move out of my comfort zone and allow for new thoughts to enter my head that didn't fit the cookie cutter model I had accepted as the only safe course. As I have moved past that immaturity I am now in a place where I know who I am and whatever comes my way I have reason and analysis to back up my conclusions on the matter.

No comments: