Wednesday, December 4, 2013

The lies I tell myself to remain valid (#1769)

The lies I tell myself in order for my own particular illogical point of view to make sense to me. I have to lie to myself in order to overcome logic which destroys my illusions if I let it. In every sense of the word I are at war with logic because logic cannot be as wise as my own mind's way of thinking. "I'm right when I'm right and I'm right when I'm wrong" is my mantra and nothing will ever change that, at least that is what I stick with. My problems are not my own it is just that everyone else doesn't think exactly like I do. Everyone else is responsible for all the problems in the world because if they would just listen to me they would be perfectly happy like me. If only everyone would just stop and do what I say they would then know that what I think is better for them than anything else they could ever imagine. Okay, I cannot continue on this line of nonsense but for people like me who realize that logic does have the foundation for our reasoning there are just as many who don't. The rationalization of a cognitive dissonance is pervasive in our society. People feel that although they have conflicting viewpoints, they don't need to work them out. They can at the same time hold two contradictory opinions without sensing a conflict. Just like they are living in an existence that doesn't recognize their oxymoron condition. To use a mathematical metaphor, they are living in a self-made illogical subset of the real larger logical set and can travel between the two when it suits their purpose. Much to the chagrin of those of us who choose just to remain in the only real logical set.

No comments: