Thursday, December 12, 2013

The value of love (#1777)

How is it possible to place a value on love? For me, the only way I can ever say I knew the value of someone or something I loved was when it was permanently taken away from me. That profound sober moment when the realization that a love has been lost forever is when the value becomes clear. I have lost many things in my life and nothing compares to losing love. So in determining what the greatest possession in life is there is only one value that is head and shoulders above all else and that is of course, love. Money and power are addictive and can entice many to devalue love for there illusions. However, they have no warmth to nurture my soul. They have no depth to pique my curiosity and they have no strength to support me when I am less than my stalwart self. The one failing I have in life is my greatest failing, I have not been fortunate to have a love of my life, in my life. I will always have hope for us to somehow find each other but as the days dwindle in the life clock that has been wound for me, the odds slip further and further from possibility. Although that is my greatest regret so far it is not the end of me being a purposeful human being who can find lesser loves to bolster my life. My family and friends serve to keep me positive and knowing of my utility in life. That is enough to keep me focused on the betterment of our society. As an individual human being though there is a hole in my soul that can only be filled by the woman who has that part of me. Love, often cherished for it's existence but only truly measured as to value when it is no longer with us. 

No comments: