Friday, January 10, 2014

If your principles for living are right there is little need to lie (#1806)

If what you stand for in your life has honor and justice to it then lying or being deceptive rarely come into the equation. I expect perfection from myself, although I rarely attain it, as a rule because if I continue to strive for it I may just do a bit of good in my life. I am settled with my purpose, really! I just want to live as an honorable man. That in itself keeps me more than busy in that I can't keep up with the opportunities as it is. Which keeps me from indulging in my own egoistic fantasies. Sure I am egoistic, but I don't have to act or dwell on those thoughts when they come into my open mind. I just ignore them with the memory of how badly those similar egoistic thoughts nearly ruined me as a person and as a living being. Like temptation, egoism needs to be compartmentalized and only engaged when a life-threatening event is at hand. Yes, ego can be good when a desperate life threatening event occurs. How you ask? If I tell myself that I have worth beyond my own recognition it helps me to hope for a better development despite the odds. However, ego generally is a path not to be taken. I don't associate ego with creative or innovative thinking, that is just my imagination, not my ego. My principles of honesty, self sacrifice in many areas, justice, equality and compassion for all are just a few examples. So in every moment of life and the continuum of change that life is obligated by time to bring I get another full scope of trying to fulfill an honorable thought and action. Too busy living life with dignity and respect fill my life with humility which inside me is a wonderful way to live.

No comments: