Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Making friends is better than making enemies (#1817)

My mood this morning is focused on my actions to be useful and appreciate of others. It isn't that hard to do considering the alternative of being rude and a pain in the ass. lol. I usually fall somewhere in between closer to the useful and appreciative side but by no means mostly. So there is work to be done and giving it a focus as I start my day out I give myself plenty of opportunities to follow through with a smile on my face and good intent in my heart. I recently heard something about us having only so many heart beats in our life and each heart beat I have is one that is behind me. So taking advantage of the heart beats I have left is getting to be a higher priority every day. I am not one of those people who see no honorable purpose for my life. I don't live just to satisfy my own personal ambitions or fantasies. I try to work my life through the little things that need to be done and although I never get many of them accomplished, I do still try. Which is my purpose, to do what I can to have a happy and therefore less harmful life. Which brings me to the title of this post. Making friends is better than making enemies. When I am in a bad way with a person and the feeling is mutual with them it just serves to put me off my quest for a better life. I would rather have a good mood prevail in my life and all it takes is respecting whomever it is I am interacting with. Now not all out there return the respect I offer but that is on them and easily enough for me to solve just by moving on. But when someone else returns the respect it is worth all my time and effort to foster a lasting relationship built upon that respect.

No comments: