Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Political cowardice by Republican elected officials (#1804)

I have been trying very hard to give Republicans the benefit of the doubt concerning their actions on votes these last few years but even my naive attempt to include them into humanity has been a losing proposition. For the life of me I cannot understand how someone who has taken to the oath of office to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States, and State Constitutions can then turn around advocate for secession and dismantling of the established amendments to our US Constitution. Not only that they are fearful of losing their jobs as political leaders so they abdicate their votes to moneyed sources. A leader is willing to take the heat for doing what is right over kowtowing to forces who have no interest other than their own. It is an eternal shame watching Republican politicians, who have a share in representing my interests, embarrass not only we American citizens on whole but also put shame on us from around the world from politicians who display courage instead. Some wonder why my zeal at trying to defeat every Republican in office is within me. It is rather simple, they have shown that they cannot be trusted to be a great example of humanity in a recognizable form. It is as if a person has to sell their soul before they can become an elected member of the Republican party. It is odd for me to have to have this conversation in this forum I have created to celebrate our natural instincts of care, wonder and survival but nonetheless I cannot ignore the troubling realization that our politics define who we are and if Republicans get to define who we are we are all in for a nasty brutish reality.

No comments: