Saturday, January 11, 2014

Remembering my funny bone (#1807)

There is so much wrong in this world to keep a person's life busy forever just trying to alleviate some of it. I do understand that and it makes me feel so helpless at times when I cannot correct the wrong in front of me because others have chosen to commit to wrong over right. I have to have a way to bring my sense of being out of the depressing reality of our species' demoralizing actions. I do that by finding humor where I can and where it is appropriate to not seem cruel to others. I have to also include what is right about our species in my actions otherwise we would only be faced with the worst of who we are. Having the ability to laugh at the silly is good and in many ways for me is therapeutic. The better I can display what we should be doing at living, the better chance someone else may see that also and try that in their lives as well. A contagion of some happiness to all of us is not to be denigrated. I can only take so much depressing reality and for that I am not proud. I should be able to withstand the reality of our horribleness toward each other with greater strength and conviction to battle against it but truth is I am not as strong as my will wishes me to be. However, although I fail my own expectations of mental fortitude, I have found a way to keep my mental fortitude safe and prepared for continuing. That is through some humor. It is amazing to me how finding a moment to laugh is so refreshing to my soul. It is as if I was plugged into some kind of recharging station and get a new full blast of fortitude. Again though, the humor must be appropriate and not at aimed at someone but shared with them.

No comments: