Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Sacrifice is second nature where the heart is concerned (#1818)

No calculation, no strategy, just action. I find that my instincts take over when I am in a situation where my heart is concerned. I don't have to qualify to myself or anyone else when a matter that touches my heart intersects with me changing an outcome of bad to an outcome of good. When I am the "wild card" that can make or break a situation one way or the other it is truly, a "no brainer". Second nature kicks in and I act to the best of my common sense and efficiency. How do I know I do this? Because I have been tested before and I find that my focus narrows to the task at hand and only that. I become one with a solution and allow my will to force it's way through. Not only in matters that test my personal emotions with great alarm but even when my own heart is not the one primarily affected. I am no different than many who are the same. We put all self serving aside and give of ourselves even in dangerous ways to our own safety. So it is with many of us, we cast aside caution in order to preserve something caring and noble within us. I have lost love in my life and I know it's value. It is priceless and cannot be replaced. So preserving that love is nothing short of an imperative to the highest order. I cannot reconcile loss to some "oh well". It is not within me to allow life to be sacrificed without me gambling some portion of my own sacrifice to save it. I know this about myself and over time it has been reinforced in many different ways. I suppose the genesis of what I am trying to offer here is this, If I can do anything to save anyone who can be saved some awful fate by my actions I am quick to act without much concern at all for my own fate.

No comments: