Wednesday, March 12, 2014

The struggle is hard (#1867)

There is so much truth to the saying that anything worth doing is going to be hard. Especially when there are those out there who don't want anything worth doing, done. I have had my share of setbacks and disappointments. They started when I was young, from the assassination of the greatest hope of my young lifetime, President Kennedy, to less than a year later the death of my biological father. It continued with the loss of my two permanent front teeth in a neighborhood rock fight, onward to the assassinations of Martin Luther King then two short months later to assassination of Robert Kennedy. The continued fighting in Vietnam to many more disappointments that continue to this day. I have so many times wanted to chuck it all in and just ignore reality and live out my life without caring, I did for a spell of time until I finally realized that regardless of my ignoring reality, it still came back up to bite me in the ass. A turning point finally registered with me that I was part of the problem because I wasn't part of the solution. I have since vocalized my participation to dedicate myself to the great ideals the great assassinated men of my youth espoused. Regardless of the setbacks that are inevitable and that hurt my physical self as well as my soul I continue to persevere. The struggle is hard and when I see us so close to capturing the day in the struggle to redeem our best instincts and then see it slip away I am crushed but not defeated. I don't do what I do for me, instead I do what I do for all of us. Because that is who I am.

No comments: