Saturday, August 23, 2014

Hard as steel, soft as jelly (#2031)

I think about myself sometimes and the wide variations in how I "feel" about circumstances that arise in my life. One thing for certain is that I will have a reaction somewhere on the scale between these two polar opposites. I will defend the principles I have learned are right and good with all my being while also being sensitive to my compassionate selfless humility. I am touched to the core of my heart by the best of our natures while fighting to the death to protect them. I am like a piece of candy, hard on the outside but soft on the inside. It is perfect for me. For those who are ruthless and harmful I am the solid rock of opposition and they get nothing of the good within me, instead they get the hard wall of anger I am able to produce when I gird for fighting. I know I am not alone in this and so many others, not only in the present, but in the past have been of like mind and a great example to emulate. Having this demeanor is how I am able to exist in this often chaotic and careless world. I have to champion my own life before I can even hope to be a champion to anyone else. I have stated this before in earlier blog posts, I have been raised with the ideal that those who are able to defend what is right and good in the world should do so. A hero's mentality if you will. I don't know why we exist or what life is all about but I do accept my reality. I am compassionate and curious by nature with the ability to function as a biological data processor. This tells me what direction to focus my particular skills in a world I want to be as democratic as possible. I fight for my right to exist in respect and harmony with our Universe and by extension I fight for all others to have the same. If a purpose can be derived from that then that is my purpose short of anything else I have learned. That I have to fight against members of our own species is the troubling aspect of my destiny. But so be it!

No comments: